Highway to Hale is only possible because of the help of our amazing volunteers. Tracy Sims (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Michael Nix (email@example.com) are the 2019 Volunteer Coordinators.
How to Volunteer
- Read the descriptions below to find what fits your skills and schedule best
- Sign-up below
- Send Tracy or Michael your t-shirt size and contact info
Important Dates & Events
- Route Marking | TBD, based on the availability of volunteers
- Stuffing Party | June 11 | Community Room, Bryant Bank, Univ. Blvd.
- Shopping Trip | TBD, typically the Wednesday before Ride day
- Thursday Pre-Reg | June 13 | 5:30P-7:30P | Black Warrior Brewing
- Friday Pre-Reg | June 14 | 5:30P-7:30P | Black Warrior Brewing
- Ride Day | June 15 | 5A-6P | Moundville Archaeological Park*
- Stay tuned for a Volunteer Thank You Social.
Rest Stop Coordinators and Volun-Sponsors
We have 5 rest stops (Stewart, Magnolia, Mars Hill, Lake Payne, and Pleasant Hill) that provide refreshments, bathrooms, and support to riders along the route. Rest stops offer a unique volunteer opportunity to local businesses and organizations that choose to sponsor a stop. Monetary sponsors have first right of refusal to coordinate and provide volunteers at their stop in order to interact with community riders. Sponsors can also choose to have their stop coordinated by AAFT volunteers.
Learn more in our Rest Stop Coordinators and Volun-Sponsorship Guide>>
Highway 2 Hale
Event Chair: Tracy Sims & Michael Nix